CEO - Creative, Energetic, Optimistic
Director of Opportunity
Queen of all Trades
Director of Fun
Director of Guest Discovery
Leader of the Pack
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS Regardless of reason, cancellations and transfers result in costly process of letters, toll calls, adjustments, refunds, etc., plus additional loss if time does not permit resale. To offset these costs, the following fees will apply unless otherwise stated. In fairness to all, we cannot make exceptions. Money is fully refundable if cancelled forty-five (45) days prior to departure. Under 45 days prior to departure, the following penalties will apply. If cancellation occurs 45 – 31 days, there will be a 50% charge. Money is not refundable if cancelled within 30 days.
If airfare is involved, your refund will be in the form of Southwest Airlines Credit. Cruises and extended tours not packaged by Free Spirit Vacations and Events may have different cancellation penalties. You will be notified of any revised policies at time of booking.
TRAVEL PROTECTION In today’s changing travel environment, it’s important to protect your travel investment so you can relax and enjoy your trip. Unforeseen events such as flight delays, baggage loss or even a sudden sickness or injury could impact your travel plans. For your convenience, we offer a Travelex Insurance Services protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For more information on the available plans go to www.travelexinsurance.com or contact Travelex Insurance 800-228-9792 and reference location number 03-0128.
The product descriptions provided here are only brief summaries and may be changed without notice. The full coverage terms and details, including limitations and exclusions, are contained in the insurance policy. Travelex Insurance Services, Inc CA Agency License #0D10209. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, NAIC #22276. V94
Cancellation protection is also available for all tours packaged by Free Spirit Vacations and Events. This is not insurance, but will allow for a refund should you have to cancel for a medical purpose. Reasons include illness of yourself or another person living in your household OR death of a family member. The cost is 9.11% the price of the tour. Should you have to cancel, your payment (minus the protection cost) will be refunded. This must be purchased within 7 days of making your reservation. This is not available on tours involving air, or tours not packaged by Free Spirit Vacations.
Free Spirit Vacations acts only in the capacity as agent for the owners and contractors providing means of transportation, hotel or other services that are offered or provided. Tickets are subject to any and all terms and conditions under which such means of transportation, hotel or other services are offered or provided. Free Spirit Vacations shall not be or become liable for or responsible in any way whatsoever for any loss, injury or damage from sickness, weather, strikes, war or quarantine howsoever cause or arising. Free Spirit Vacations reserves the right to cancel any tour prior to departure in which case, full refund on monies received will constitute full settlement to passengers. Free Spirit Vacations also reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any passenger as member of a tour. The acceptance of any service or the purchase of any ticket shall be deemed acceptance of and consent by the tour member to these conditions. Free Spirit Vacations reserves the right to substitute comparable hotels if necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do we have to go to specific pickup locations to get picked up?Free Spirit Vacations and Events services the entire Phoenix Valley – from Gold Canyon to Florence to Buckeye to Casa Grande to Goodyear and everywhere in between. So we have selected pickups that are close to a freeway and can accommodate cars left overnight. We then use anywhere from 1-3 vehicles to pick everyone up – depending on how many of the specified pickup locations have guests boarding there. These regularly scheduled pickups are:a. Fiesta Grande in Casa Grandeb. Sun Lakes Cottonwood Golf Pro Shopc. Burger King on Superstition Springs Blvd and Power Road in Mesad. DoubleTree Mesa (formerly Mesa Hilton) OR Friendship Village (if a resident of Friendship Village)e. Mimi’s Cafe 101 and Shea - Scottsdalef. Cracker Barrel at I-10 and Litchfield Park or Pebble Creek (if a resident of Pebble Creek).g. Denny’s at I-17 and Bell – Phoenix h. Bell Recreation Center – Sun Cityi. Sun City Grand Sonoran Plaza - Surprise
2. What if I want to get picked up at my location? a. If we have 10 or more guests, we will pick up at your communityb. For an extra $50 per person roundtrip, we will pick you up at your community and bring you to the bus, regardless of the number of guests being picked up at your location.
3. What is the difference between cancellation protection and cancellation insurance? Cancellation protection is not insurance, and only covers the money that you paid for the trip in case of illness. Free Spirit Vacations offers Cancellation Protection at 9.11% of the cost of your tour. This is offered for trips operated by motorcoach only and packaged by Free Spirit Vacations and Events. If you become ill and are physically unable to travel you will receive a refund. If your spouse cancels; he or she will be given a refund as well. Cancellation insurance (Travel Protection) is much more inclusive than cancellation protection and is purchased through a licensed insurance company. Travel Protection Policies offered by most major travel insurance providers include benefits such as Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay and more.
4. Why is travel insurance so important?
In today’s changing travel environment, it’s important to protect your travel investment so you can relax and enjoy your trip. Unforeseen events such as flight delays, baggage loss or even a sudden sickness or injury could impact your travel plans. For your convenience, we offer a Travelex Insurance Services protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For more information on the available plans contact Travelex Insurance 800-228-9792 and reference location number 03-0128. The product descriptions provided here are only brief summaries and may be changed without notice. The full coverage terms and details, including limitations and exclusions, are contained in the insurance policy. Travelex Insurance Services, Inc CA Agency License #0D10209. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, NAIC #22276. V94.
5. What is the deposit amount and when is it due?A $100.00 per person deposit is due at the time of reservation for multi-day motorcoach trips. Full payment is due at the time of reservation for day trips or any trip under $200 per person. It can be paid either by mailing in a check or by calling a credit card to our office. The final payment is due 45 days prior to departure and can be paid in the same manner. Please note: deposits for cruises and trips involving air will vary and you will be advised of these when making the reservation.Upon making the deposit, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail showing you have booked this trip and paid the deposit. The final documents which include your detailed itinerary and pick up time and location are mailed to you 21 days prior to departure.
6. Why are deposits non-refundable?Group reservations and payment schedules are different and much stricter than individual reservations. In most instances, Free Spirit has to pay our hotels, attractions and other vendors 30 days in advance and in most cases, this money is non-refundable to us. For that reason, we must abide by the cancellation policies above.
7. Do you provide drinking water/snacks on the tour?Free Spirit Vacations provides a complimentary sport water bottle for your tour so that you can refill them at rest stops, hotels and attractions during your journey. We also suggest bringing your own snacks, particularly if you have any dietary restrictions.
8. What about luggage tags? Free Spirit Vacations provides 1 luggage tag, per person, with your mailed itinerary for your checked baggage. However, we highly suggest putting your own luggage tags with your name, address and telephone number both on the outside AND inside of your checked baggage and carry-on's. Sometimes, luggage tags come loose on the outside.
9. Will there be rest stops along the way?Absolutely! While each tour bus is equipped with a small restroom, they are not easily maneuverable. They are the size of an airplane restroom. Therefore, we generally make rest stops about every 2-3 hours in order to give our guests the chance to stretch their legs and use a more comfortable lavatory. It also gives our guests the chance to grab a snack at a fast food outlet!
10. What if I have a problem with my hotel room once I get to my destination?By all means, inform your Tour Manager AND the hotel Front Desk right away! (i.e. you requested a wheelchair accessible room, but did not get one. The room isn't cleaned to your liking, etc.). At Free Spirit Vacations, we want you to have the most enjoyable experience possible! If you encounter a problem, it's better to solve it right away before it turns into a complaint.
11. Can I request a particular Tour Manager and/or Bus Driver?You are more than welcome to do so, but please note that the Manager or driver you request may not be doing that particular tour. A better question might be to ask which tours a particular Manager/driver are leading. And this is always subject to change.
12. Gratuities Since most people would like to say a special "thank you" to their Tour Manager and driver. Suggested amounts are between $3-$5 per person per day for the driver and the same for the tour director. These individuals are with you throughout the entire tour, so please use your own judgment and tip according to services rendered. Please handle this on an individual basis. We request that group collections not be taken. You may also wish to reward a step-on Manager with a $1 per person gratuity for their contribution to the tour. Gratuities for all included meals are included.
13. Travelers needing special assistance You must report any disability requiring special attention to Free Spirit Vacations at the time the reservation is made.*FSV will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of tour participants.
14. Do you book individual travel OR just group travel? Free Spirit specializes in group travel. However, we do have a retail department within the company that would be happy to assist you in your individual travel needs.
15. Does Free Spirit Vacations plan private small group travel? Yes, we can customize a vacation for your group of 30 or more to the destination of your choice.